After skipping May due to illness and other schedule overruns, I’m back for June. This release introduces a quest system which I’ll be adding side quests to over time.
- The Diary page now has two new sections: Objectives and Factions:
- Objectives is a quest log that leads you through the main storyline to defeating the baron. Side quests will appear here once I’ve finished some.
- Factions shows your alignment with various organisations and deities. At the moment it’s really only useful for seeing how Narcissus feels about you.
- Subtle HTML improvements: Replaced some layout tables and floats with fancy new flexbox formatting. It’ll make it easier to maintain and mod.
Available now from Patreon
New in Fleshcult v1.17:
- 2 new buildings: Get extra flesh looms to transform minions in parallel. No more transforming beasts one at a time.
- The Lab screen now has a sidebar with all your minions, showing the various transformations under way.
- Mutations are now a constant chance upon the completion of a transformation, so you’re more likely to see them in the late game.
- Concubines can now get mutations, but it’s rare.
Available now from Patreon
The v1.16 update adds the first half of The Pit, a dilapidated industrial zone where squatters, outlaws, and revolutionaries hang out.
- 3 new characters to seduce: the Hacker, the Smuggler, and the Biker
- 8 new scenes that show you the aftermath of the Baron’s fall and kick off new storylines.
- New electrostim equipment. New sissy options.
- Rebalanced some transformations. Now you can make a build with multiple chances to tease.
- Vibes can be removed once inserted.
- Fixed developer mode crashing on start unless you had a log directory.
- Fixed pronoun errors when playing with trans men.
- Fixed the vanishing exe problem by replacing PyInstaller.
Available on Steam and Itch.
Right, right, Patreon stuff, but where’s the free update, I hear you ask? I want to spend another week or so to replace PyInstaller, the program I use to convert my Python code into an executable. I’ve been meaning to do this for a while.
- New character, the Back-Alley Doctor.
- Vibes are now removable, slightly nerfed the lust increase.
- Retractable Claws and the Flesh-Woven Cloak now give you extra chances to Tease.
- New equipment: the Shrunken Dicklette.
- Fixed bug where a message said The Pit was unlocked at the same time as Old Town. That was incorrect: to visit The Pit, you have to defeat the Baron first.
- Somewhat more explicit hinting about how to beat the Baron (check out that merging tome…). Fixed invasions conking out early.
- Fixed seams during meter animations.
Out Now, via Patreon!
Out now! New stuff in the Patreon version:
- New Location: The Pit. Here you can meet the characters from the previous patreon releases, and also The Smuggler – an unscrupulous rogue who often moves contraband internally.
- New alert level mechanic for all the inhabitants of The Pit.
- Re-implemented the encounter meters to make them easier to mod and maintain.
- Hover over a meter to see its numeric value.
For the last few months I’ve been focused on producing Patreon content: new tomes, new characters, and new plot arcs. These are the ingredients for a new location: The Pit, a dilapidated industrial zone where squatters, outlaws, and revolutionaries hang out.
But what about people not in the Patreon? I plan to ship all the new content to the base game with a delay, and for the last few months I’ve been giving the Patreon a head start. In February I want to update the base game with a chunk of the new location, with the rest to come later. Base game updates won’t happen as often as Patreon rewards – I’m shooting for quarterly – but rest assured, new content is on the way.
How’s that code mod support coming along, you wonder? Well, it works, and I’ve been using it to make Patreon content, but it’s still completely undocumented, so there’s not much point in releasing it into the base game just yet. I’ll be looking to carve out a bit of time to do that next month.
On the Patreon side of things I’ve been making some new content! Initially I released a couple of non-Fleshcult Twine games: a CYOA called The Untold Holes of Mistress Sable, and an interactive JOI called the Trials of Verminus, but now I’m settling into a rhythm of making a new tome and character each month, and hopefully soon, some new storyline content. Yeah, I gave up on gating that stuff based on revenue goals. Seems like the better growth incentive is to actually have the goods. Who knew?
While getting the Patreon rolling, I’ve also been planning out code mods. Specifically I’ve been reading up on Python’s import machinery and different approaches to monkey patching. Monkey patching is a much-derided programming technique where you rewrite or add to portions of the code while the program is running. If this sounds crazy, it sorta is, but it’d really give modders the run of the place. It’d be a good fall back for situations where more formal extension hooks don’t exist.
I’m looking to give modders @before, @after, and @instead decorators that would let them hook their own functions into existing methods, but reversibly and in the load order of the mod list. I’d publish a list of recommended places to override, of course.
I’ve also been preparing the data definitions (character types, transformations, all that stuff) to make it easier to turn them into data that I can load from files. This is going to benefit both modders and myself because it’ll give me a more convenient way to maintain both a patreon version and a non-patreon version.