New in this release:
- 5 new random events. Two are semi-common, two are shown once, and one’s a secret for particularly horrible people. You’re not likely to see any of the new ones if you’re already in the end-game.
- Fixed an error that occurs when you fire a minion that you’re upgrading.
- Fixed an error that occurs if you reorder minions twice in a row.
For the next release I’ve got more random events planned and hopefully a new character.
- Since I added the meter animations, I feel like they’ve been stealing attention from the text. I’ve been experimenting with ways to draw the player’s eye back to the writing. I settled on fading it in after the meter animations finish and enlarging it slightly.
- Split fetishwear off from sex toys in the sanctum so that the menus are less cluttered.
- Displaying *NEW* indicators on tomes and tabs when new transformations are unlocked.
- Added a button for discarding tomes.
- Made the highlight on tapped links persist until the next page loads so that players using Fleshcult from the iOS home screen get more feedback.
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented saved games from loading.
- Prevent people from pressing Transform button without a selected transformation.
- Fixed changing names/reordering minions so that they redirect back to the right page.
That rounds out all my planned UI work and I’ll be going back to working on content for v0.91 – v0.95. Let me know if I’ve missed anything that’s particularly sloppy or cumbersome.
The main addition in this release is the ability to rename the main character and the minions. You can also set whether they use male or female pronouns. I’m continuing to improve the UI on small displays, and I should be done with that after batch of tweaks.
- Fixed missing Reject buttons.
- Fixed skip tabs in encounter on mobile.
- Made the credits, new account, building and surface missions screens easier to use on narrow displays.
- Made it easier to tap options when selecting a merge type or side effect on a touchscreen.
This is just a little patch that I’ve put out early to hopefully fix a nasty save game loading bug (“Internal Server Error” 100% of the time for certain unlucky accounts).
- You don’t need to click on a lab or sanctum transformation in order to see the effects. Hovering over them with the mouse will give you a preview.
- Slightly more keyboard navigation available on the end of encounter screens. I’ll revisit adding more keyboard navigation once I’ve added character renaming. I make sure it interacts with text boxes OK.
- Spent a while looking for the cause of increased server timeouts over the past 2 weeks. Still don’t know what’s causing them.
- Fixed up my fuzz testing utility so that it works after the recent UI changes. It’s a script I run on my dev machine that clicks links randomly at high speed. Ran it for quite a while and it bumbled its way all the way to the endgame, but the timeout never showed up.
- Lavah finished off the Sanctum background painting! It’s looking really slick.
- Reformatted Lair header, Lab, Diary and Sanctum screens for mobile.
- Redesigned transformation selection so that it’s a grid of transformations rather than a table. Separated the details for each into a detail pane allowing for longer descriptions.
- Fixed error when using a piece of equipment that has no applicable body parts.
- Fixed error when entering encounter with a mortal left in chastity for a long time.
- Possible fix for meter animations not beginning on slow or unreliable net connections. Let me know in the comments if this is still happening.
- Made IE compatibility mode icon go away.
This release I started out with a more ambitious plan to do a Civ-style tree view for the minion transformations along with a Civ-style work queue. It’s funny though, Civ lets you queue buildings and set multi-step research targets, but it doesn’t let you queue multi-step research targets. This is what I’d need to be able to mix beasts and concubines in the apprentices’ work queue. I started towards that, but it was getting too complex for the limited time I have left, so I canned it in favour of a straightforward reformat for mobile.
- I’m starting to get commissions in from a new artist, Lavah! Her first contribution is finishing off the title painting (it’s based on a sketch by RJ Palmer). Hope you like it.
- Animated meters. I’ve broken the animation into stages so that you can see the different contributions to the end state. Also, when you lose an encounter, you can see what happened to the horror meter.
- A new character in Old Town: The Goth.
- Redesigned the title page.
- On mobile devices, when you’re in an encounter it defaults to scrolling past the header.
- Typo fixes.
- Sometimes when a meter animates away from zero, it pops to the end position.
- Animation isn’t supported on IE 8 or 9. You’ll see things jump instead.
As always, let me know if you’re seeing glitches with the new stuff.