In this build I’ve made a bunch of changes to the way that sex scene messages are collated internally. They’re no longer presented strictly in the order that they occur. For example, a character’s musings go into an end paragraph rather than being interleaved between all kinds of distracting sex acts. I can now apply formatting to messages. I’ve used it to italicise game mechanical messages (as opposed to narrative ones).
This one was a pain in the ass to test. Please let me know if you notice that any kinds of messages have disappeared, or if it’s composing paragraphs in a strange way.
- Fixed bat wings showing up in the beast transformation menu as simply ‘wings’.
Here’s another release that’s aimed at putting more writing into the game:
- Two more characters:
- The squirter.
- The housewife and househusband. (Thanks again to SeldomPie for his first draft here)
- Lots of extra variations on sex scene messages from Porp, including new intros for generic characters, the loosen hole action, teasing and questions.
- Mortals no longer make a move during an orgasm turn.
- Procedural references to body parts are now brief nouns rather than full transformation names.
I spent most of the last week writing and editing. My productivity is atrocious when I’m writing rather than coding, but that’s where Fleshcult needs the most work, so I’m going to have to overcome my aversion to it.
The new stuff:
- Two new characters:
- The jaded hedonist.
- The hair trigger. Tip of the hat to SeldomPie for supplying the first draft of this.
- Lots of new rising horror, cast illusion and chastity descriptions, courtesy of Porp.
- Some new questions for mortals to ask. Also reduced the horror increase that questions cause so they’re less likely to screw up your encounter.
This release introduces locations. Depending on which location you visit on the surface, you can get different missions and different loot drops. The suburbs – the initial location – is structured so that you get a chance of picking up the most fundamental tomes early in the game.
I’ve also made some optimisations on how I’m storing body parts. This should help reduce lag.
- If you’re resuming a character created in a previous release, some of the locations might initially have an empty list of missions. Don’t worry, they’ll fill up on the next turn or when you hit the ‘Reject’ button.
This release introduces a few new things:
- A new character: the sorcerer. Sorcerers are not fans of having illusion magic cast on them and will take defensive measures. They appear at the highest levels of the game.
- Slightly more variation in encounter messages, courtesy of Porp.
- Increased length of time that account activation emails are valid from 24 hours to 96.
This one’s a only little one. I’ve spent most of the week sorting out tax stuff, but here’s what’s new:
- Added descriptions for merged minions and the merge screen.
- Added chastity belts to the sex toy shop. If it looks like you’re about to lose an encounter, you can voluntarily end it early by putting the mortal in chastity. This results in a higher level of lust the next visit. The longer you leave them, the greater the effect.
- More rimjob messages.
It’s been a long time coming but I’ve finally brought the baron arc to a conclusion!
- Minion merging is now in the game. It appears after several lair expansions. (The plot event should still happen even if you already have all the lair expansions. You’ll need 15 minions)
- The baron can now be defeated via the new merging abilities.
- Tribbing added.
- Reduced prices of traps and lair extensions.
- Fixed a bug where a purchased unlock wouldn’t go through if you didn’t have a game in progress.
- Fixed some typos.
Edit: There have been some Internal Server Error bugs in the new release that I’ve hurriedly patched. These should now work:
- Clicking Ride after loading an old saved game.
- Loading a game where a minion was being transformed with spider legs or an amorphous body.
- Visiting the lab for the first time after getting the tome of merging. (Doh!)