I’m deep in the middle of writing the Infestation Tome. It’s taking a while. Here’s what I’m trying to achieve:
- Players who are grossed out by this stuff aren’t penalised if they don’t pick it.
- Players who like this stuff aren’t penalised by picking it.
- You can do interesting stuff in encounters with it.
- Mortals only get infested consensually, and it’s believable that they’d be cool with this.
- After they get infested, there’s enough unpredictability and variation that it feels like the creatures have a life of their own.
I think I’ve got a design that’ll work, but there’s a fair bit of writing to go because it’s starting to look a lot like a second seduction track.