I’ve been making big changes to the metagame. I’ve removed the production cap from concubine/beast pairs and replaced it with a more interesting system.
- As you progress in the game, you meet characters that are harder to recruit, but more valuable. Previously, harder concubines were more valuable because they started out with higher production, but now they’re more valuable because you can apply a larger number of transformations to them.
- It creates an interesting trade-off between short term benefit and long term benefit. Do you keep the early game concubine that’s maxed-out at 3 upgrades, or do you swap them out for one that can take up to 8 upgrades and start from scratch?
- Before hand, getting higher production out of a given number of minions was mostly about replacing them with higher level minions. Now you actually need to upgrade them to get higher production, so apprentices have a much bigger role than they used to.
- You can now select concubine transformations that require multiple steps (e.g. E-cup breasts, via C, D and DD-cups). All the intermediate transformations go into a queue and are worked on one-by-one. When each upgrade step finishes, the remaining upgrade points are transferred into the next step.
- This means that rather than getting to a point where you have so much apprentice power that everything takes one turn, (rendering extra apprentices useless) instead you can set them multi-step goals and upgrade minions at a higher rate than once per turn.
- As you upgrade your beasts, the production multiplier goes up in 50% steps rather than steps of 1.
- Higher level beasts still start out with a higher multiplier, but now that bonus comes in 25% increments, rather than 100% increments.
- To compensate, I’ve made late game items and buildings cheaper. Building upkeep has also been reduced.
The late-game explosion in mana production is well and truly under control. I might’ve actually gone too far, but I like these systems as a first cut even if I have to tweak some numbers down the line.
Other miscellaneous stuff:
- More unsubscribe links in e-mails. Hopefully this should help with spam filters eating account confirmation e-mails.
- The account upgrade page now shows Unlimited Characters even if you don’t have Unlimited Turns first.