I’ve redesigned the encounter menus:
- It has 1, 2 and 3-column responsive layouts so that it’s comfortable to use on anything between a desktop and a phone in portrait orientation.
- To save screen real estate, the description for an action is now hidden in a tooltip (tap to see it on a touchscreen). If you’re seeing an action for the first time, it’s also displayed within the button.
- Buttons are somewhat sexier; not quite so brown.
- If you’ve got a small display, a row of skip tabs appears. It allows you to skip to different parts of the move list without scrolling.
- You can select menu options from the keyboard.
- Some moves allow you to select which body part they apply to.
- A couple of typo fixes. Replaced a few mentions of ‘anus’ with ‘ass’ to make it less clinical.
- If you’re playing an old saved game, you might see descriptions for the all actions appearing during the first encounter after the upgrade. The descriptions are only supposed to show up for new actions and It’ll go back to normal in your second encounter.
- If you’re on IE8 you get skip tabs no matter how big your screen is. (IE8 doesn’t support media queries)
So far I’ve tested on Windows Firefox 23, IE 8-10, Chrome, a Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2 (Samsung stock), a Nook HD+ (also stock), and an iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2. Let me know if I’ve missed any weirdness on your set-up.
This release took way, way too long. Partly it was me being blindsided by web standards snafus (Touch screen browsers send hover events? Whaaaat? IE8 puts the event object where!? Etc. etc.), partly it was the sheer variety of things to test, and partly it was feature creep. I want to do the meters next, but I think I’m going to have to skip some of my zanier ideas*.
* (Like the Lust meter fluctuating according to a heartbeat. If you were to time your button press just right, you’d get a slightly larger increase. Or slightly smaller, if that’s what you’re going for)
I love the keyboard controls, great improvement. However, could we use the keyboard to control some of the other screens too? For example, Space Bar to “continue”, like when the Horror Meter overflows.
Yup, all in good time.
Awesome changes, keep up the good work
I thought the old brown tint was prettier than the new purple. Better to keep warm colors with warm colors in my opinion.
Friend found your game and sent it to me, really like it! We used to play Corruption of Champions for days on end and swap character descriptions. The only thing I didn’t like was the lack of art in CoC. Really hope you guys can incorporate a lot of *adult* art into the game to spice it up. Maybe even “profile” pictures for the victims and art that match the succubus’/succubi’s random entrance? Heh, and I’m sure art to match what you’re doing to the victim would probably be too much to handle but I can hope. Fun game though! +$10.