New for Halloween, lots of formerly Patreon-only stuff available now on Steam and Itch.
- Tome of the Phallic Member, Volume 3: Two new dongs and a strap-on. Introduces double dicks and double penetration.
- Tome of Breasts, Volume 3: New breast transformations and flavoured lactation.
- New Character – The Back-Alley Doctor: Ostensibly a veterinarian but due to their underworld connections, they work on different kind of patient. You can find them in The Pit.
- Enhanced minion descriptions: The different characters now have different opening lines in the lab description. Still a work in progress, but this is complete for about half the characters.
Improvements to Lair UI:
- Objectives – A quest log that leads you through the main storyline. In future releases, side quests will go here too.
- New lab screen to give you a better overview of your minions.
- If you leave a recruit on the surface, you can now bring them underground when you’ve got room.
- Somewhat fewer beige boxes.
Bug Fixes and Tweaks:
- Mutations are now a constant chance upon the completion of a transformation, so you’re more likely to see them in the late game.
- Better feedback in the size queen encounter.
- Fixed inept sorcerer displaying incorrect status effects.
And what’s this on Patreon?
Patreon supporters get to play v0.23, which introduces audio for the first time. For a start, this is a range of male and female sound effects and 4 original music tracks.
The v1.16 update adds the first half of The Pit, a dilapidated industrial zone where squatters, outlaws, and revolutionaries hang out.
- 3 new characters to seduce: the Hacker, the Smuggler, and the Biker
- 8 new scenes that show you the aftermath of the Baron’s fall and kick off new storylines.
- New electrostim equipment. New sissy options.
- Rebalanced some transformations. Now you can make a build with multiple chances to tease.
- Vibes can be removed once inserted.
- Fixed developer mode crashing on start unless you had a log directory.
- Fixed pronoun errors when playing with trans men.
- Fixed the vanishing exe problem by replacing PyInstaller.
Available on Steam and Itch.
Fleshcult v1.08 is now available on Steam and Itch. It allows you to create and install mods that can:
- Add graphics
- Improve the UI
- Add sounds
This is the first phase of mod support. I’ll be continuing to work on enabling mods for:
- Adding characters, transformations, and locations
- New mechanics and other code alterations
In the Steam beta branch and on Itch, you can now download a special v1.07 release of Fleshcult that has the first phase of mod support.
Steam Workshop isn’t supported just yet, so it’s not very interesting if you just want to play mods, but if you’re interested in creating them there’s new stuff to tinker with. So far it supports HTML/CSS mods for changing the way the game is presented. The ability to change the gameplay is something I’ll be working on next year.
To learn more about creating mods, you can consult the new Fleshcult Wiki which has a modicum of technical documentation. Feel free to add stuff I’ve glossed over. You’re also welcome to add info about playing the base game if you like. Happy holidays!
This is a bug fix release for Steam and Itch versions. The changes are:
- Fixed crash at start up when there’s non-ASCII characters in the game’s install path, or the player’s Windows username.
- Fixed inability to save game when there are underscores or non-ASCII characters in the player’s Windows username.
- Better error message logging.
The Fleshcult Patreon is finally up after languishing in Patreon’s mod queue for quite a while. And with it, a game update that lets me grant backer rewards such as cheats and ad-free play.
There’s no new content in v1.01 though. That comes in v1.02, where I’ll be adding the long-awaited Infestation Tome. I promised that in the original OffBeatr campaign, so I’m going ahead with that regardless of how this Patreon does.
So, will I start doing a big promotional push? Not yet. After I’ve got some new content to show people I’ll start sending out newsletter updates, but a little at a time, so as to not overload the server. I really can’t wait to have a client-side version. I’ve been making some significant progress on that front, and I’ll post about it soon.
- In testing.
- An outage of approximately 1 hour.
This release won’t change anything about the game itself. I’m making improvements to player privacy because a lot of disturbing news is coming out of the US just now.
- In Fleshcult, people choose which gender they want to play and which gender they want to fuck.
- Fleshcult used an email address during sign up. Lots of people used a burner address (sensible!), but not everybody did.
- I’m not in the USA, but my server is.
- If Trump gets himself shot, impeached or ousted, Pence controls the US surveillance apparatus.
- Pence really doesn’t like LGBT people.
- It’s a really bad idea for me to have a database that connects people’s email addresses with sexuality info lying around.
Here’s the plan:
- Turn all the email addresses into hashes, much like I do with passwords. Reversing a hash is pretty difficult, so hopefully that should render the database useless to anybody who gets their hands on it.
- You can still log into your old accounts. When you enter an email address I hash it and compare that hash against the database one.
- You can use anything as an account username now, not just an email address. If you’re still worried, feel free to log in and change your username to something that’s not an email address.
- Before hashing, I made a list of the emails of everyone who has opted to be on the newsletter, burned that list to a DVD, and stuffed it in my closet. It’s just email addresses, no sexuality info. If I ever restart development, I’ll use that to announce it.
- I removed the Forgot Your Password system because it relies on being able to send mail.
- You can’t buy account upgrades any more because that relies on mail.
Sorry about the inconvenience, but it’s important to take precautions before they’re required. I know I never finished that infestation tome, but this is all I could eke out time for. If the update broke something, let me know at: jack (at) (the game name) .com
This one’s just a maintenance update. (No, I haven’t restarted development. Sorry for getting your hopes up RSS readers!)
- Installed some library updates. This has changed the cookie format, which means you’ll have to log in again. If you didn’t make a login at all, then I’m afraid your current game will be inaccessible. This kind of thing is why I have the 10 turn limit on playing without an account.
- Swapped out an under performing ad network.
- Tweaked some strangely worded passages.
This one’s just a wee release with a couple of fixes and ad improvements. Meanwhile, the prototyping of new game ideas continues…
- Filled in missing body part descriptions for tattoos and vaginal/anal training.
- Players can now revert back to demon wings.
- Ad tweaks.